Saturday, July 08, 2006

FLESHPOTS


I wouldn’t like you to think that I’ve spent my entire holiday watching footie on the telly. ‘Pas du tout’.

In our hire car (cute little Nissan Micra in pastel green) we have driven over to France a couple of times.

It’s only up the road really - just 45 mins - through lovely countryside with views of the Pyrenees and vineyards on both sides of the road. On the Spanish side we pass through a few dozy little wine-making villages with the compulsory old codger and his dog asleep in the sun.

So, Imagine our shock horror when we opened the Euro Guardian last week to read about the place above. It’s a 50 room ‘macro-brothel’ which is close to ‘Capmany’ - one of the sleepy villages.

I took this photo from the car window on Friday. It seems that the area is turning into Europe’s biggest whorehouse. Most of the girls are from Eastern Europe - often here illegally.

Brothels contribute 18 billion euros each year to the Spanish economy.

You expect sex in the city don’t you? I used to work on the main street in Manchester’s red light area. Let’s be clear, I didn’t exactly work on it. I worked inside a building with very fascinating views of the street.

But - Capmany?

Suddenly the surrounding hills took on a sinister aspect. I felt the plot of a novel taking shape in my brain - Prostitution, Russian mafia, Holy Grail, Cathars, Ancient symbolism.


Bound to be a best seller. I’ll make millions.


I’ll call it - ‘The Dali Code’
KAZ

7 Comments:

Blogger SL said...

Genius. I'll buy it.

10:26 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Have thesaurus and laptop - give us a day or two before you go round to Waterstones.

1:58 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

Go for it. If Dan Brown can sell by the lorry load so can you. You'll be great on the sofa for the Richard and Judy Book Club. Can I play a part in the film version?

3:45 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Your name is pencilled in!
I presume we're talking sort of ... young Johnny Depp.

10:12 pm  
Anonymous NiC said...

Definitely a bonk-buster there Kaz... I expect you've been whisked off to Hollywood already to finish the screenplay.

10:09 am  
Blogger DellaB said...

g'day Kaz... yep it's all over... till next time, what's wrong with spending your holidays watching footie?

Just kidding - I've been working on my blog and I have a TV right here beside me - I guess there is some consolation in having been put out by the 'champions'.

I guess our Tim Cahill will be back with your Everton before we can say ......

Sounds like you are having the best time - when do you get home?

2:00 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

nic: You are bit of an enigma - which role do you fancy - juvenile lead or Richard Gere?

Hi Dellab: Thank God our Tim is still in one piece. You gave the 'Itis' a good fight.
I'm in Spain for 2 more weeks - it's a pain but someone's gotta do it!

3:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home