Thursday, February 09, 2006

ASDA

I just spent £54.63 at ASDA.

I only went in for a paper and some stir fry.

O.K. so I didn’t really need to go to the superstore up near Sportcity, but it was on my way. I was traipsing round with my little trolley for nearly 2 hours!

The most expensive item I bought was an olive green swimming costume for £10. I’ll probably never wear it as I’m not a fan of white flesh.
I got 2 cheap mags and a DVD of ‘Closer’ for Kev’s valentine. I saw the film with Eileen last year. He’ll like the sex scenes with Natalie Portman and there’s a scene with Julia Roberts in her kitchen – and she’s got My Sink. Really, it’s true – I was so proud. I’m also so modest that I didn’t mention it to Eileen.

As well as a couple of CDs, a Sebastian Faulk’s novel, a scrubbing brush (56p), and some super glue, I picked up a magnificent stainless steel bowl which was half price (£5). I spent £5 on washing stuff and about £6 on food. I bought NO DRINK at all.

Got back to the car – I’d forgotten the paper. Had to go back and bought a computer mag as well.

My granddad used to run the village Coop. He said that a sunny day would always separate folk from their money.

KAZ



7 Comments:

Blogger Anxious said...

I'm always getting "distracted" from my main purpose in supermarkets. One lunch hour, it took me three attempts (in three separate supermarkets) to get the things I actually needed...

Hello, by the way!

8:41 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hello anxious. Thanks for the empathy, now i have all day to dither - not just lunch hour

8:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, believe me, it gets worse the more you do it (I'm now into my 10th year of having left the Great Employed rat-race).

I'm no comfort at all, am I? :)

1:17 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Yes you are!
KAZ

1:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just after reading this I went to Sainsburys determined to be even better at avoiding special extras than I normally am (which is pretty good).

As a result I spent £25 more than I normally do for our weekly shop.

They've got us, haven't they?

11:23 am  
Blogger Vics said...

LOL that 'new' asda is a nightmare isn't it - there's just so many things to look at!

8:26 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hi Vics
Repeat after me!
WE WILL NOT GO THERE AGAIN!
KAZ

9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home