Thursday, March 09, 2006

FAMOUS for 15 seconds

So I was scrolling down my blog yesterday feeling green with envy ‘cos Betty had 9 witty comments before breakfast. Suddenly my eye fell on a single lonely ‘comment’. Not on a recent post but on one from over a month ago.

This is how it went .......Only way to make contact/found your blog via Guardian/working on a pilot for a new TV show/would you like to contribute?
I checked out the TV company on Google and they’d produced some decent programmes. I got quite excited. My imagination went into overdrive…Would I be writing scripts? Would youngest pensioner blog get an honourable mention in the credits? Would I get a free trip to London to discuss my inspired ideas?

What next? Revolutionary new story line for Corrie (Ken has sex with Deirdre!). Perhaps a flight to New York to write that elusive follow up to Friends (Friends Reinvented?).

So I e mailed for more info.

The enthusiastic reply arrived. We’d so love to have you on board. It’s a reality TV show with a difference called ‘Watching You’. It sounds as though you have such an amusing life. We only use a camera in one of your rooms, It’s not the intrusive sort of reality TV that makes people look stupid.

And most telling of all … We need people of all ages!

Actually he sounded quite nice.
But I don’t think I’m ready to be Chantelle’s Granny?

KAZ



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and now we shall have to watch it when it comes on just to see what hasn't made you famous! :)

8:57 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Good idea NiC as long as I don't bitterly regret my lost opportunity.

2:08 pm  
Blogger Wyndham said...

I say, Kaz, thanks for the link!

10:39 am  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

Ah, but which room for the camera?

6:03 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

coolbuddha
There aren't many rooms in my flat. How about the kitchen and I'll stay in bed all day.
Very Andy Warhol dotcha think?

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home