Monday, March 27, 2006

GINGER

I’m not allowed to say ‘Ginger’.

Kev even looks suspicious when it’s uttered to describe a biscuit. He prefers auburn, red, chestnut, russet or, best of all ‘titian’. Suppose it’s something to do with a bad childhood experience.

I have to admit that Mick Hucknell, Chris Evans and Les Battersby don’t do much for the image. We all love Chesney, but I can’t see him growing up into a sex symbol.

So it’s good to see this group of hunks with colourful hair in a recent girly magazine. Some of them are nearly as sexy as Kev. It’s OK he doesn’t know about the blog

Maybe they’ll remake the Van Gogh story. Kirk Douglas must have been glad he was ginger (ooops) when he landed that role.

Last week the news confirmed that the ‘ginger gene’ MC1R makes redheads more susceptible to pain (I suppose that’s physical rather than emotional). Apparently, our auburn friends need 20% more anaesthetic than the rest of us.

This I can confirm. Kev’s extra dose is a litre of Bulgarian Pinot Noir or a couple of pints of Stella.
KAZ

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Well, there are different shades of ginger, from strawberry blonde through to deep auburn aren't there? Hmm, you can tell that all my life I've tried to get away from having boring mid brown hair and have become a friend of the hair dye, can't you?

I used to use henna when I was young in an attempt to achieve the arty looking auburn look. After bunging all that mud on my hair for hours the colour would fade out after a couple of shampoos.

(Current shade - chestnut. Covers all grey, hem hem.)

10:02 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Join the club Betty.
Today I am modelling a Billy Idol blonde style (experiment that went wrong). If I use brown or black I look like a badger after a week!

10:14 am  
Blogger Bwana said...

Kirk Douglas would not have wanted to say Ginger instead of Red, simply because it was a bad time to be one in America.

I think by the time he was Sparticus, his hair was died brown.

8:49 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hello bwana Not sure there was ever a good time til they invented factor 57.

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home