Thursday, March 23, 2006

MINIMALIST MUM


Mum died four years ago.

She left two videos :Tony Benn - ‘Speaking up in Parliament’… and ‘Pingu - the photographer’. Two of her all time heroes.

To complete her audio visual collection there was an Elton John picture disc, a Mozart CD and a Bowie single.

A brown envelope labelled ‘Sentiment’ contained a few photos and newspaper clippings. There was a black folder containing birth and death certificates and a largish box of estate agents’ adverts for local houses. This was her hobby.

At a time when my friends and I were into Victoriana, Country style and kitsch, mum had a black shelving unit, 2 leather chairs and a TV. There was a Kandinsky print on the wall.


She had a wicked sense of humour, loved her food and was thin as a rake.

She’s a very hard act to follow.
KAZ

3 Comments:

Blogger KAZ said...

Hi lodgerlow
Yes - she was certainly cool
It was 'Golden Years' .. on a 45(vinyl)

7:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mums are cool - I miss mine too.

Love Kandinsky! I must get one for my newly decorated room...

5:53 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hi anxious
Good to have you back. I read about your crisis. I've been there too.
Newly decorated room? Great ... I just love hanging the pics on the wall.
The Kandinsky's on mine now.

8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home