Friday, March 31, 2006

Pros and cons

I’ve been thinking
I saw Tom Robinson on Channel 5 in that 70’s programme. He said that there has never been a better time to live than now. I don’t know whether he’s right or not.
By the way shouldn’t he bring out a new single ‘Sing if you used to be gay’?

A few thoughts passed through my head.

We used to have Concorde and now we haven’t.

I can go into Manchester and buy a warm, fashionable winter coat for less than £15.

Big brother is always watching and monitoring me.

I can fly to Spain for less than it costs to go to London.

Wheelchair users can zoom round Tesco and lots of other places.

At the weekend we saw a ‘do it yourself kit’ for filling teeth for those who can’t find a dentist.

Market St in town has lots of empty stores. My local shops consist of 6 Indian takeaways in a row with Natalie the hairdresser in the middle.

If I go into hospital for a minor operation there’s a chance I might catch MRSA and not survive.

I am still astonished at how fabulous the INTERNET is and how much I love it

My student neighbours are broke, tired, overworked and stressed out. I had a grant and a social life.

I’m not coming to conclusions. I don’t even want to. I’m one of the lucky ones with a pension and good health.


I’ve lots to look back on and lots to look forward to.
KAZ

6 Comments:

Blogger SL said...

There you go. Right there. An aim in life. To end up with lots to look forward to and lots to look back on.

Nice, Kaz, very nice.

4:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, but I'm definitely with Tom Robinson on this one.

I have a mortgage in my own name, not having needed a man for me to get it. I have a pension to look forward to, without having to piggy back onto a man. And yet, I can live in sin with my man, not just at home but in hotels etc and it's nobody's business that we're not married.

Big Brother may be watching me but hopefully he's also watching those that pose a threat to me. I can buy things off the webnet and get them delivered when it suits me...in theory, anyway!

I can choose to go all convenience and junkfoody, but I can also choose to get healthy stuff and organic veg and the rest, all much cheaper (proportionate to income) than my equivalent thirty years ago.

And I can binge drink 24 hours a day if I want!

4:39 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Thanks SL
Seems to be a nice thought when there´s a change in your circumstances/life.

Gert
Sing if you´re glad it´s 2006... The labelling and availability of food is one of the best things. Thanks to this I´m healthier than I´ve ever been.
Hope you´re still blogging when you finally get that pension!

4:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The availablity of 'things' is certainly better now.

Shame the 'attitude' of most of the populance doesn't match up to the improvements though.

Put me back at the end of the 70s any day. But give me just one future thing - the internet.

8:55 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Yeah
The internet´s the decider isn´t it?

10:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TR still performs "Glad to be Gay" but there is now a witty verse or two about his "conversion" to his current lifestyle included.

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home