Thursday, May 11, 2006

The DARK STUFF

This is one of my favourite things.
It has always been the ‘Dark Stuff’ for me.

And now we find that it’s good for you. Cocoa contains flavonols. These are antioxidants that trap free radicals, reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol. Weight for weight dark choc is about 15 times better at trapping free radicals than broccoli.

Trust me, I’m a scientist. I want to believe this. I may never eat broccoli again.

The more cocoa the better - I eat the 85% stuff. In a French supermarket I found some 99% - unfortunately, it tasted like anthracite.

But, I don’t buy it because it’s delicious or good for me. No - I buy it for the bit of cardboard in the packet, which is absolutely perfect for writing lists. I’m addicted to lists.

Here is my latest IKEA list:

Find IKEA Catalogue
List items I want
List measurements needed
Take and record measurements
Find Gunntorp basket and Magiker bookcase light to take back
Find receipt for Gunntorp basket and Magiker bookcase light
E mail Lesley to see if she wants me to get anything for her
Check IKEA website for availability in Warrington
Fill up with petrol

Go to IKEA

Now there’s a blog devoted to lists. I love it.

KAZ

11 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

so chocky is good for you? ooh sounds too good to be true

2:08 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

All hail Quetzalcoatl.

2:41 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

I immediately responded to that health report that said you should eat chocolate by getting a bar of Green & Black's On The Dark, Dark Side (or whatever it's called). Oh, and I've started to eat almonds because they're supposed to be a superfood as well, but I don't know what the benefits of them are ...

Anyway, can I officially give up eating broccoli?

2:46 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Pete - there is a God after all!

mj - I'm just about to google that ...hold on a minute ..yes Aztec, god, erm still no nearer.

Betty. Dark stuff with embedded almonds oooooooooo. It makes eating eating broccoli sound like a perversion.

3:30 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Quetzalcoatl was an Aztec god who introduced the cocoa bean to the mortals.

3:47 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

That man needs a capital G!

3:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fill what up with petrol?

a) Gunntorp basket (wouldn't it leak out?)

b) Magiker bookcase (it would be magic if you could keep petrol in it)

c) Lesley?

d) Warrington?

4:09 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

nic - How many times do I have to tell you. I am now RETIRED. My years of answering questions are over.
And anyway, you should have put your hand up first.

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, heh... fair point kaz :)

Do children really still put their hands up? If our two are to be believed it's a complete free for all.

9:21 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Send them to me and I'll sort 'em out.
30 students all shouting at once is a nightmare.

12:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see if I can get 900 East End kids on the next train Norf, Kaz! That'll learn 'em ;)

5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home