Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Love thy Neighbour.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to choose your neighbours?

These are my problems:


The dog next door that barks non-stop. It only barks when she’s out (i.e. most of the time) - so she doesn’t know it barks and she’s so nice I’m not going to tell her.

Then there’s the Sean Paul fan with the subwoofers turned up to max. One day it got so bad my clock fell off the wall. I was shaking and incomprehensible when I knocked on her door. Later, she came round looking sheepish ‘er…Kaaaz …could you - like- tell me when you go out and then I can turn the music up.’

So now I put a card through her door saying 'Kaz has left the building'. It’s nice to know your absence is appreciated.

Then there’s the cook who makes curry at breakfast time - the extractor fan points directly to my kitchen. I won’t mention the drunken Irish folk singer, the deaf movie fan or the DIY driller.

But - two recent articles made me think again:

In Mumbai (India’s most expensive city) there are housing estates where only vegetarians are allowed to buy a house. I don’t eat meat, but I love a prawn biryani.

Then there’s the town of ‘Black Jack’ in Missouri where unmarried couples with more than one child are banned. Couples who don’t comply are faced with fines of up to £270 per day.

So, I’ll take my chances. Anyway, if we all could choose our neighbours I don’t think anyone would pick me.
KAZ

11 Comments:

Blogger coolbuddha said...

I think I would pick you. Sorry to hear about the neighbours. One is having neighbour issues as well - it's good to know I am not alone!

8:32 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Why is it that our neighbours never listen to the same music we listen to? I could tolerate the noise a lot easier if so. That said, years ago a downstairs neighbour yelled up to me, "Turn down that hillbilly shit!"

12:19 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Thanks Coolbuddha - I hope you wouldn't live to regret it. Hope you sort them out.

MJ: I sometimes think that,even if they played my favourite, it would be at the wrong time or the wrong volume.
Just call me a control freak.

8:48 am  
Blogger Wyndham said...

We've got quite a nice noise pollutionist next door. He practices the piano every night but he's actually quite good. I thank the lord every day that we don't live next door to the teenage drummer down the road.

10:22 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hi Wyndham
I once had a world class trumpet player upstairs - I'm afraid I didn't thank the lord too often for that.
Just naturally ungrateful I suppose.

6:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's because we don't really have neighbours that I'm really aware of noise when it does happen. Sympathies. I really don't know how you put up with it.

10:28 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

BW - Lucky you. I've often wondered what it would be like.
I could turn the Verdi and Led Zep to full blast!

2:13 pm  
Blogger stitchwort said...

Hi Kaz - just recently discovered your blog, and am enjoying it. There's not enough blogs by "older women", so it's good to find another one.
Re the neighbours - have you tried earplugs?

8:17 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hi Stitchwort - Earplugs? I might miss something!

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://olazociq.s-enterprize.com/ilateg.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

1:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home