Friday, May 05, 2006

MANCHESTER ENGLAND ENGLAND

So, I collapsed in front of the box last night to see ‘New Street Law’, a new series about impoverished barristers. It’s set in Manchester. After this ‘The Street’ came on, I noticed the name Jimmy Mc Govern so I stuck with it. And guess what - it was set in Manchester too.

TV companies seem to love us. The list is too long …Shameless, Clocking Off, Cracker,Cold feet, Queer as Folk, Cutting it and everyone’s favourite soap - Corrie. ‘Bob and Rose’ had several scenes in my street - after I’d moved.

There are lots more reasons to be proud of Manchester.

Look at these results from yesterday:

LABOUR* 61
Lib Dem 34
Green 1

Tories O (ZERO)


* Not very new Labour
The title of this post is a line from ‘HAIR’ the hippy musical. I went to see it in Nottingham in 1970. We arrived back happy and relaxed in the early hours of the morning and switched on the telly. There was Ted Heath with a grin from ear to ear.
I just can’t tell you how unexpected that was. We hadn’t even troubled to watch the results - it was supposed to be a comfortable victory for Harold.
The message: Lots of idiots will vote TORY. But not here in Manchester.
KAZ

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And don't forget the recent Life on Mars. That was set in Manchester.

1:53 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

So it was ... I'm John Sim's no 1 fan.

2:44 pm  
Blogger SL said...

Manchester rules. We even welcome Evertonians... ;o)

8:15 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

sl - Just found you here.
I'm so glad you do as i wouldn't want to go to bloody Liverpool.

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home