Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Update plus

Barcelona won! It was a good evening’s entertainment - even if only for Gaby’s eyeshadow.

In Monday’s Corrie we were invited into David Platt’s boudoir. It turns out that (like the Gallagher brothers of Burnage) he’s a City fan. I knew he couldn’t be all bad.

Most cities have a rich, glamorous team and another one. The fans of the other one are always nice, sensible people who actually live in the city. Supporters of Man city (with a silent ‘t’) have perfected a stoic attitude to the global worship of the red team. Evertonians hate ‘Liverpool’, even though they live there.

Espanyol is the other team in Barcelona
. You may think they are sad losers lurking at the bottom of the fourth division. Not so – they finished15th in the Spanish Primera Division. Barca came top - just ahead of Real Madrid. Does that remind you of anything?

Line of Beauty: It clashed with the big match, but I watched it later on the video - an ancient device for recording moving pictures. Nick was boring and Leo wasn’t sexy. I won’t be bothering with the next episode.

‘See no evil’ on Monday night was chilling for any viewer, but especially for those round here. At the end of Monday’s episode, I felt tense and gripped by the dark, compelling production. And then … for some inexplicable reason… the copper from ‘Early Doors’ walked in.

I expected him to say ‘Crime can’t crack itself’.
What were they thinking?
KAZ

7 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

Yay! I'm first!

7:39 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Perhaps you have a 'geographical' advantage. Do you take an intelligent interest in football?

8:08 am  
Blogger The Mistress said...

I'm 8 hours behind you which has its pros and cons if most of your fave blogs are British. Usually I'm just winding down for the night as you're getting up in the morning.

Interest in football = yes.
Intelligent interest in football = no.
My football posts so far have included a voodoo doll to hex the opposing team and a vibrator for world cup widows, amongst other things. See what I mean?

1:00 pm  
Blogger Gary said...

The early doors thing on "see no evil" was just sooooo wrong and a really bad distraction - to make it worse the detective working with him was the bloody landlord !!!

1:08 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj - A vibrator and world cup on the telly sounds like paradise.
Shouldn't you be in bed now? Nighty night.

gary - early doors is my favourite programme - so I went to bed feeling very, very confused.

1:19 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Espanyol play at the Olympic Stadium. I don't want to start drawing possible future parallels with West Ham.

I bought an Espanyol mug when we went to Barcelona. It broke.

1:50 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Ooo yes. Are the parallels likely to happen? Surely it will be good won't it? Perhaps I'll buy a West Ham mug if I ever visit - I'll be a real old git by 2012.

4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home