Friday, June 23, 2006

What do I think of it so far?

It´s 9 months since I became the YOUNGEST pensioner.

If I had consulted Severino Antioni at the time, I could be giving birth (ouch) to a young KAZ. Except that it wouldn´t be a young KAZ because it would be the biological child of an egg donor.
What was that woman (psychiatrist Patricia Rashbrook aged 63) thinking?
She doesn´t need a baby she needs a full frontal lobotomy.
She should be changing her life like me - not changing nappies.
So how do I like being a non working person?

I love being able to do whatever I want whenever I want to do it. This is the best bit.

I also enjoy reading fiction that´s not about killers and perverts. Strange how murder, blood, guts and post mortems are the essential antidote to stress at work.

Like Michael White (political commentator for the Guardian) I use my bus pass with pride.
I don´t have to agonise about exam results, Ofsted, league tables, marking and lesson preparation. I go to bed late, sleep well and get up early.

I do miss making my students laugh. I was a bit of a show off in the classroom. I´m quite shy in real life - honest.

Pal and ex colleague Shirley sent me an e mail after we got together last month. She said she´d never seen me so relaxed and happy.

Say no more.
KAZ

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO good to hear of someone who enjoyed their workso much enjoying their retirement.

And yes, as for the 60+ brigade having babies... madness (really, there must be something missing!)

1:10 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

You're making US laugh. Does that make up for it a wee bit?

1:10 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

kandykane: coolkaz that´s me.

nic: I think these women have babies to keep their men. It´s the man´s baby but not the poor woman´s.
Sad eh?

mj: You´ve made my day!

2:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought of having a baby at 43, let alone 63, makes me shudder. Poor kid. Keeps me in work I suppose...

6:09 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

I'm now terrified that I'll have an overwhelming desire to have a baby at 70, even though I've never wanted one for the past 42 years of my life. Is it something to do with the hormones that are in the water supply?

10:36 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Bw - They´ll be coming to Parents´evenings with their zimmer frames.
Betty: if you feel maternal, just call me and I´ll administer aversion therapy.
Now the government needs to increase the birth rate - IVF will be compulsory.

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home