Sunday, July 30, 2006

HOME SWEET HOME


6 whole weeks in ‘Sunny Spain’!

I know I know - but your day will come.

However, although I wouldn’t admit this to just anyone - between you and me, and although it was good - I’m glad to be home.

WHY? Well I wasn’t exactly homesick or bored - just a bit of both.

What did I miss? Waterstones, Eileen, Barbara, my wok , Corrie, Primark, Earl Grey - none of them really. I missed the package of Kaz’s not very thrilling life in the rather damp North West of England.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Trust me - I did A level maths.

The life of Costa couples is not for me. Last year I visited a mate in Costa del Sol in the south. I hardly heard any language other than English and most of the residents would make Victor Meldrew look like a cool dude.

The place Kev and I visit in Catalunya is great for birdwatching (too hot this year) and has very few English (nice, but I miss a good natter).

Kev starts drinking at lunch time and stops …… well he doesn’t really stop.

The World cup, Tour de France, Freecell and the blog (via Telefonica dial up) saved me.

Thankyou so much for your comments.
Please don’t stop now I’m back.

KAZ

14 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

6 weeks ?!?!? the joys of retirement. welcome back...........

9:25 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Welcome back from a younger, cooler Meldrew.

Who am I kidding?

8:58 am  
Blogger Betty said...

I can remember the people who had holiday homes on the same site as us in the Canaries, who also seemed like a grumpy old bunch, so you have my sympathies.

I'm sure it's much more relaxing sitting in a deckchair in't back wi' a tin of Boddies, looking out over't ginnel like Les 'n' Cilla (well, I'm just going by the photo ... that is where you live, innit?)

9:18 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Pete: What do you mean 'welcome back'? For weeks I've been reading that Brits are wilting from the heat - and here I am - freezing to death.
My fingers have gone numb.

Geoff: Most people are - but you could be the exception!

Betty: Course it is and that's my nightshirt on t'line. We can only afford one so it has to be big so all t'kids can fit in.

3:19 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Is that Baldwin's knicker factory?

4:01 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj: It would be nice, but it's probably a block of luxury apartments at 500K for the basement studio.
First Corrie tonight for 6 weeks!

4:18 pm  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

thanks for dropping by my photoblog

is it your return then that's brought the rain?

4:53 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

I once went 2 weeks without Corrie. It was like going cold turkey. Mr. MJ taped it for me and I had a Corrie marathon when I returned from hols. I can't imagine how you're feeling after 6 weeks of withdrawal.

5:53 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Sorry Gerald - but yes! I feel ILL. Re - entry problems.

mj: When a mate tapes it - you realise how often they say the same thing over and over again.

7:24 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

They say the same thing over and over again. I SAY they say the same thing over and over again.

1:11 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Didn't I hear that Fred was leaving - I say - Didn't I hear that Fred was leaving. I wish he's hurry up I said I ......

4:52 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

It's true. But we're not supposed to know that in Canada as we're 9 months behind the UK schedule. Not bad considering we're 2 years behind in EastEnders.

6:30 pm  
Blogger lolly said...

If I were a gambling woman, i'd bet good money that SL is jealous of your time in Spain....

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the feeling that quite a lot of the perma-Costa brigade have left Britain because it's disgusting the way it's being overrun by foreigners. I also get the feeling that they want to recreate the Raj. I might be wrong.

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home