Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Zinédine Zidane.


I am passionately in love with Zinédine Zidane.

I know I know - I’m old enough to know better. I’m sorry. And I’ve never fancied blokes sans hair before.


But he is magnificent. Even Chirac ('You are a virtuoso, a genius of world football. You are also a man of heart, of commitment, of conviction, and that's why
France admires and loves you.") and the French nation agrees.

He is the antithesis of the new labour MPs who follow the whips and forget their convictions. He is the antidote to the Notts miners who took the money and voted to close the pits. He is ruled by his heart and not his head.

The disgusting Materazzi (ex Everton so I’m in big trouble) said whatever he said and Zidane acted - he didn’t think of the sponsors or the pics in the tomorrow’s papers of himself holding up the cup.

He went with his gut.

I love him more than Elvis, Robert Plant. Ronnie Clayton, Jimi Hendrix or the Gallaghers.

He is my hero.
KAZ

14 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

Yay! I'm first.

You can have him. I don't fancy him at all. I fancy Alessandro Del Piero and a few other Italian footballers.

As for the "sans hair" bit, you can ask him to leave his hat on.

6:02 pm  
Blogger SL said...

He is an idiot who let his team down.

As for how attractive he is, I really couldn't say. :o)

6:50 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

The thing that annoyed me on the night is that none of the commentators would even acknowledge that Zidane might have some sort of motive for retaliation.

Mind you, I think I've said that before somewhere ... I do go on and on repeating the same things ...

7:31 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj: wasn’t it Joe Cocker who sang ‘You can leave your hat on’? He’s from Sheffield where I used to live. Good advice.

sl: A moment of passion … very French.

Betty: Verbal abuse is often much more hurtful that physical. Perhaps Fifa should introduce a red card for racist abuse.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

He's my hero, too. But my heart still belongs to Bobby Moore.

8:18 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

And what's wrong with Nobby Styles? - sans teeth and hair.

8:51 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

I like him 'cos he's sort of, well, cute! Is that a sufficiently objective reason?

9:11 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

coolbuddha- I presume you don't mean Nobby Styles. I think Zidane is more 'mean and moody' than cute. Or perhaps he can be all three.

10:13 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

You're right, Kaz. It was Joe Cocker who sang ‘You can leave your hat on.' I've said those very words to Dwight Yoakam.

6:47 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Didn't he play for Trinidad and Tobago?
SORRY - Footie's so over - I must move on.

8:21 am  
Blogger The Mistress said...

I can't move on. I need a vacation. Or a brainwashing.

1:30 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

But I'm already ON vacation - I should go home. I'm going quietly mad!

7:09 am  
Blogger Vics said...

I prefer fabio cannavaro, not only is he sans hair, he's cute and short

I like me the shorter guy, especially when he looks like THAT!

*drools*

But the fact that provocation was disregarded for Zidanes outburst is unacceptable, a yellow card at the very least should have been brought out.

But then in this day and age of dives and false calls, who's to say the send offs wouldn't become tactital too? say their best striker has several yellows under his belt, a lesser opposing player turns and strikes out 'in retaliation' despite nothing being said - both players are sent off..

I can see it, can't you?

5:40 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Thierry Henry is my favourite when it comes to Totty.
Good to have your support on the Zidane issue. Verbal abuse should have a card. Zidane's butt was not designed to disable... but Matzerati's insult was tactical to get him sent off ..as you say.

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home