Monday, August 07, 2006

Baby Boomers

I am not a Baby boomer.
There are 2 reasons:

1: Baby boomers are American - Bush and Clinton are both boomers.
The Brits used the term ‘The Bulge’ to describe the vast increase in the birth rate after the men came home from the war in 1945


2: I’m a bit too old. To qualify as one of the bulge you had to be born between 1946 and 1964. I was conceived during the war and born in 1945 just in time for all the victory celebrations. I thought they were all for me. Yes I am post war - but only just.

So the first bulging baby boomers are 60 this year. No wonder we have a pensions crisis.

Medical equipment maker ‘Smith and Nephew’ has been doing badly recently. But the chief exec is very upbeat about it. He rubbed his hands in glee as he recalled that ‘older people’s wounds heal very slowly’ so his company would make a fortune in sorting out our pain. So glad to be of assistance.

You can’t open a paper without reading about this generation who refuse to grow old. Their habits and preferences are the subject of much research. Recently it has been discovered that they often lie about their past to impress their children, or in my case my students.

Of course, being a chemistry student in the sixties, we could make as much LSD as we needed in the labs…….. I passed some on to Jimi at the Isle of White and later helped Janis out before she hit the stage at Woodstock.

lsd-25

Another recent survey has reported that this generation who ‘took the first contraceptive pill, challenged the institution of marriage and campaigned for women’s rights’ are most likely to be satisfied with their sex lives.

Well you wouldn’t expect me to comment on that would you … after all we tell lies.

KAZ
Footnote:
In this sex survey Austrians (?) are most satisfied and Canadians come a close second!

14 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

talking of refusing to grow old....

I was on Southend seafront yesterday. There were a number of women in bikini's. Unfortunately all, how shall I put it were no longer in the first flush of youth.

I admire their confidence but really....

12:56 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Did you see Madonna recently - on the beach covered head to toe - let's hope the fashion catches on!

4:15 pm  
Blogger SL said...

You seem surprised at the Canadians. Very laid back people in my experience. They'd be satisfied with pretty much anything I think... ;o)

5:03 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Hooray, I'm one of the bulge.

I knew it, I've never had a flat stomach.

I bet you were the one who got Cliff Richard into LSD, too. You devil woman, you.

6:01 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

sl: OOh Controversial stuff about the Canadians - easily satisfied huh?

Geoff: There was no stopping that Cliff or 'Harry' as I knew him!
Boys, girls, men, women once he hit the acid no species was safe.

8:54 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

Was that why he sang at Wimbledon? See kids: Just say no! They say that if you can remember the 60s you weren't really there. Or you kept a diary.

8:28 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

coolbuddha: Or I just phone Mick or Keith to refresh my memory.

10:06 am  
Blogger lolly said...

I'm more surprised at the Austrians than canadians. Though I can't say why exactly.

12:04 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

The Austrians, unlike we Canucks, have lederhosen. I think that explains it all.

1:02 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

saffyre & mj:
Austrians also have Lidl!

When asked about sex I don't think they understood the question.

Candians are 'Rampant' it's well known.

1:46 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Here’s a video for you… Sexy Canadians

2:49 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Wonderful! Does he work for the Canadian Tourist board?

4:01 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

No, but he should. That's Buddy Cole, Canada's favourite fag. He was a regular on a TV show called 'Kids in the Hall.' His real name is Scott Thompson.

4:16 pm  
Blogger The Editor said...

Taking of my generation, this social upheaval thing of the 60's seems to have come somewhere directly between National Service and The Who. "Two years in the army would sought these neds out" that's what my son says currently aged 23, and working with "youth".
No doubt disaffected ...

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home