Sunday, September 17, 2006

Separated at Birth

Henry
You don’t get many Clives these days do you?

There’s good old Clive James and then there’s …deep breaths … Clive Owen. Me and Clive (Owen) go back years. He was Chancer on TV. There was a wonderful movie called ‘Close my Eyes’ about Incest (all in the best possible taste). I have it on Video and watch it often.


I also lusted after him in ‘Closer’ and ‘Croupier’.

Recently he seems to have been looking at me from the side of every double decker bus that crawls along Oxford Road. He looks even more mean and macho than usual in the ads for that film ‘Children of Men’. Must go and see it.

When you start a blog and fill in your profile, it takes a few minutes and then you just forget it. I still like Sean Penn, though he’s gone a bit quiet recently. But what about Richard Gere? I think I must have been pre-menstrual when I saw ‘Officer and a Gentleman’ because (untypically) I cried buckets. I loved him in ‘Yanks’, he was sexy in ‘Breathless’ and a good baddie in ‘Internal Affairs'.


But recently - NO. So he goes and Clive takes his place.


But, here’s the interesting bit. Look at the photos I found on Google.
Separated at birth or what?

Does this confirm the theory that we all have a ‘type’. They both have small eyes, big nose, full mouth and manly jaw.

clive owen and rich
Not unlike my other great love - Thierry.


Oh and there’s ‘Clive’ Anderson as well.
KAZ

12 Comments:

Blogger stitchwort said...

Clive Owen - also in one of my favourite films, Gosford Park.

5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, Clive Owen. Yum, yum.

7:40 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

stitchwort: He was in stellar company there with Dames Maggie and Helen (now promoted to Her Majesty)

Gert: He does tick all the boxes.

8:27 pm  
Blogger Gareth said...

An officer and a gentleman was the first x rated film as it then was I ever so. I was 13 so god know how I was let into see it. I had a thing for men in neatly pressed white uniforms ever since.

Theierry is a bit of allright too.

8:52 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

The 'Children of Men' looks interesting. Agree about Clive Owen, but give me Daniel Craig any day, although he's not returning my calls. Must be busy.

9:52 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Gareth: Was it really an X? I can't remember why.
I fell for Thierry when he did the Vavavoom adverts. I prefer to forget the Arsenal connection.

Coolbuddha: That Daniel doesn't know what he's missing.
Try ignoring him for a while - that should do the trick!

10:12 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Excuse the reference to Arsenal but I thought of you today as I watched Arsenal vs Manchester United and I wondered if you were nursing Thierry back to health.

5:36 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj: His wife wouldn't let me.
Selfish woman!

12:22 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Cow.

4:13 pm  
Blogger Gareth said...

Even if it was a AA I was still to young at the time.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Lubin said...

small eyes, big nose, full mouth and manly jaw...

Why, you could be talking about me!
So there must be more to it than that, otherwise I'd be a famous sex symbol!

9:22 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

MJ: In a spirit of sisterhood i had avoided the word but - YES!

Gareth: Young??
My first X was Steve McQueen in 'The Blob' - just daft (not so special) effects.

Lubin: You just need the lucky break - or a spot of nepotism.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home