Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fairy Tale Ending.

Once upon a time in the marvellous city of Manchester there were four lads who joined a boy band. Except it wasn’t called a boy band in 1990

They were joined by the Artful Dodger from the country hamlet of Stoke. The Five lads became more rich and famous that anyone could possibly imagine.

At this time there was a snotty Chemistry teacher who taught in the city. She cruelly mocked her female students about their devotion to these persons - until one day she saw them on the telly and thought they were sexy dancers (well not Gary Barlow obviously).

However, the Artful Dodger didn’t do team work, so harsh words were spoken. He left and got fat, then he got thin and then he became a mega superstar.

The other four turned into sad losers.

7 years later, in a different college, the Chemistry teacher met Oliver Orange who was in her A level Chemistry class. He was good looking, charismatic and energetic. He managed to pass his exams, go to uni and get an MSc in Chemistry. Then he too became a Chemistry teacher.


He often talked about his older brother Jason who was a bit depressed. So Jason signed on at the college himself to do an 'access course'…usually filled by young mums.

A brave move for an ex superstar.

Gary Barlow pretended that he preferred his piano and his kids to a having a hit record. Howard became a deejay and Mark was on CBB.

Then someone suggested a documentary.


Then the remaining four made a comeback.

On Monday there scenes of shrieking hysteria in HMV on Market Street.

And now they are at no 1 again....I do like a happy ending
KAZ

10 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

A sweet Christmas story, but what happened to the baby Jesus?

12:18 pm  
Blogger stitchwort said...

Are they Take That?
Am I with-it, or what?

And yes, I do want a bum like that.

2:56 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Heather: Baby Jesus? He grew up, changed his name to Robbie and sang about 'Angels'.

Stitch:
YES.
What.
I'll see what I can do!

6:23 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

Even though the new single is a bit dull, I'm glad there's been a happy ending for them. When I saw that documentary from about a year ago, I was a bit worried about Jason. He seemed like a very haunted, troubled man.

Of course, every so often I feel compelled to watch the video for Pray on YouTube, sometimes two or three times in a row. Just to study the use of camera angles, colour and editing of course, hem hem hem.

I'm off to have a cold shower.

9:19 am  
Blogger Rog said...

I thought it was Norman Wisdom's little brother who left and sang "Angels"?

I wonder if Jason refers to his little brother as "Satsuma". They are both probably equally appealing.

10:57 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Betty: Both Jason and Oliver were ordinary Manchester lads - very likeable. How do you cope with all that fame and then have it taken away so quickly?
Still I’d like to have a try.

Take that videos always seemed to have lots of spraying water. I often wondered what the pre -pubescent girls made of it all.

Murph: Ha Robbie Wisdom - Grandson of the King of Albania. It all fits.
We synchronised again.

11:10 am  
Blogger Geoff said...

It's very difficult to dislike Take That. Yes, even Gary, because he did write Back For Good.

Robbie solo, however, is a different matter.

5:01 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

I always wonder (sometimes) what former pop stars do once they make their fortune and no longer perform, as it were. Haven't heard the new single yet. Is it loud and can you hear the words?

6:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I once had a drink with the Artful Dodger. My mate played for Port Vale (the Dodger is a vale fan), and the three of us went out one night, and there was a little sports car, and a staggeringly beautiful young lady and her equally gorgeous young friend, and designer clothes and expensive bars, and two of the three had sex with the staggeringly beautiful young ladies in the back of the little sports car and I just got a kebab and called it a night.

But shush, you didn't hear that from me...

7:36 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Geoff: I love ‘Back for Good’
Wasn’t Robbie Solo in ‘The Man from Uncle’?

Coolbuddha: I suppose they open supermarkets and do panto with Donny Osmond.
The single is a bit ordinary - but the video is good. They have matured well.

Gary: I didn't hear that from you. I hope you enjoyed the kebab.

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home