Sunday, January 28, 2007

No Strings

Mention the word ‘wireless’ to a person of my age and they will think of the ‘Light programme’ and ‘Round the Horne’.

After that we had radios and ‘wireless’ referred to glove puppets or daring circus performers.

Now it means taking my laptop to the local Spanish library and using the internet for free. On the way back we stayed in a hotel in Plaça Universitat, Barcelona (see view from window). WiFi was provided free. You just had to type in a 27digit code!!

But it’s back home in Manchester where it’s the most brilliant. You remember the Upstairs Downstairs arrangement of our flats. Kev has the router upstairs and I receive the vibes downstairs. We share the broadband bill.


At last that’s one thing we can agree about.

It was cold in Barcelona so we visited the
Fundació Joan Miró where huge colourful art works are displayed in a beautiful white gallery.


I used to think Joan was a girl but obviously not.

Gaudi, Miro and Dali - these Catalans were certainly an arty farty lot.
KAZ

7 Comments:

Blogger Rog said...

Would I lower the intellectual tone by mentioning that I thought Dali Miro and the Gaudi 'n were newspapers?

PS you could have shared Kev's Broadband without telling him. We sometimes share Blueband with the neighbours in return for Teabags.

PPS Would Kev be up for forming a guitar supergroup with Mr P. and Geoff? I see a James Taylor Tribute act that would make Leonard Cohen look like one of the Chuckle Brothers.

11:55 am  
Blogger Geoff said...

A lovely place, the Fundacio Joan Miro. We took lots of photos of the sculptures on the roof.

There are some bloody good roofs in Barcelona. It's the roof capital of the world.

Well I see sun and I see rain...

You hum it, I'll play it.

5:18 pm  
Blogger stitchwort said...

Didn't Gaudi, Miro and Dali do a home makeover series on TV?
If not, they should have - it would have been worth watching.
Lucky you, kaz, to have been able to see some of their work.

6:54 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Murph: What did I do to deserve this PUNishment?

Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias has already been done - so how about Murpho y Los Trios Geriatricos?
Can I join in? I’m often mistaken for Suzie Quattro - but not necessarily when I’m singing!

Geoff: It’s great isn’t it? We took pics on the roof as well.

I was going to include one but Kev wasn’t pixelated enough.

Stitch: I think that was Anna, Ryder and Richardson.

I'd just love a Gaudi style bathroom with mosaic made from millions of old tiles.

6:59 pm  
Blogger Dave G said...

My brother in law is catalonian and not one bit arty farty, but his wife, my sister makes up for that.

7:14 pm  
Blogger Anxious said...

The Fundacio Joan Miro was one of the things I didn't get round to doing when I went to Barcelona. Ah well, just have to go back, won't I?

10:16 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Dave: I love Catalans. I'd love them more if they'd speak Spanish.
Even the Welsh put up notices in both languages.

Anx: Catch the no55 bus from Plaça Catalunya or take a cab - they aren't expensive.

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home