Monday, January 01, 2007

PLASTERWATCH

One of the big blogging highlights of 2006 was undoubtedly ‘Bathmatwatch’

I offer this post as a tribute to the very talented Mr. Salvador Vincent.

I call it ‘Plasterwatch’.

Even if you aren’t interested it may cheer up a few foot fetishists who pass this way. I hear they like a nice size 3.

Here’s the story: I called for Barbara on November 10th 2006. We were about to set off for a long walk. This was before she broke her ankle for the third time last year. At the time of writing she hasn’t yet broken it in 2007 - but there’s still plenty of time.

My toe was bleeding so I asked her for a plaster.10 minutes later she produced a yellowing packet from the cupboard, blew the dust off and with the aid of a pair of blunt scissors I cut a bit off the roll and stuck it on my toe.

And there it is above - in all its glory as I soaked in the bath this morning. Note the artistic ‘grainy’ texture caused by the steam.


I never imagined that a photo of me in the bath would ever be published on the internet.

I have a bath every day - so this plaster has lasted for 54 days through 54 baths.

Is this a record? Too bad that Roy Castle is long gone, and those McWhirter chaps were assassinated?

Earlier this morning I cut my finger, applied a modern Elastoplast and 10 mins later it dropped off.
KAZ

11 Comments:

Blogger stitchwort said...

The sticky stuff on the old Elastoplast has now matured to a point where removal will probably require surgery.

Please reassure me that by commenting I will not win my own plastered toe - not as desirable as one's very own bathmat.

3:04 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Stitch: Well that's something to look forward to.
I noticed when I did the link that you won the picture award.
Congratulations.

3:12 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

"I never imagined that a photo of me in the bath would ever be published on the internet."

C'mon, Kaz. Show us a nice bit of ankle next.

9:57 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

"I cut my finger, applied a modern Elastoplast and 10 mins later it dropped off".

A law suit against the Elastoplast Corporation instigated using your remaining 4 fingers is called for Kaz.

AND.....If you view the picture in Photoshop and enlarge 200% you can see a perfect reflection of yourself in the Coconut Gel Bottle.















(...had you worried there for a moment!!!)

10:23 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj: I will if you will!

Murph: You dirty dawg!
But you know I'm a bit short - so it would definitely need to be 500% before I get worried.

11:47 pm  
Blogger Salvadore Vincent said...

Kaz - I'm very pleased to have inspired this. And in a spooky coincidence, guess which toe I stubbed so hard against a door frame a couple of days ago that I thought I'd broken it? Yep - left foot, middle toe. It still hurts a bit now.

12:05 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

Hi Salvadore:
Ouchh!
I’ll cut a bit off Barbara’s roll of plaster and send it to you. Then you can try and break my record.

12:15 am  
Blogger Betty said...

I suppose there were loads of allergic reactions to the "glue" on sticking plasters, so it's been phased out of use. Hence these days sticking plasters don't actually stick on.

I remember as a kid the gummy stuff from plasters would stay on your skin after they'd been removed. My mum's way of getting rid of it was to rub the affected area hard with cologne. Just the thing for tender and wounded skin. Oww!

9:11 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

One of the good things about working in a lab was always having something to remove chewing gum or plaster stuff.
Probably best to leave it alone now 'til the gangrene sets in.

6:08 pm  
Blogger Glenda Young said...

This pictures is oddly disturbing and strangely mad. I like it.

1:25 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Nora - I've just remembered they named a film after it - the one Daniel Day Lewis got the Oscar for!
Sorry.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home