Sunday, July 29, 2007

KAZ has a bit of a shock!

I’ve always loved the colour Purple - no not the book or the film where Oprah was the fattest woman in the world instead of the richest. And I don’t mean that lot in the pic either. I never saw them - though I did see ‘Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow’ at the Apollo.

I think that was the day I lost most of the hearing in my left ear.

But I’ve always thought it suited me. After Black ,white and grey it has always been my favourite colour.

Now you know I don’t go into Primark to buy stuff - of course not - it’s just my route from the bus station to Market Street. But what can a girl do when they offer money to take the stuff away? So, I selected this purple top effort which looked promising.

Then I sort of gingerly edged my way into view of this mirror where a chubby Manc Asian lad was admiring himself in a puffa jacket. I smiled to excuse my pushiness and he smiled back.

I held the top up to my chest.………….

........ Then ..........

‘It’s not your colour’ he said (with such a nice smile).

‘But I love Purple'

‘You’d be better in pale yellow or baby blue’

WHAT??
Me?
In Pastels?

Not since I stopped moving about on all fours.


He asked me what I thought of his jacket. I was kind - chubby lads and chubby jackets do not cut the mustard.


‘Find a longer one’ - I said.

So I returned the Purple top and considered his words.


He was right wasn’t he?

It’s the hair. It used to be dark even though my eyes are blue (ish).

Here is a selection of Kaz’s hairstyles - from Pauline Prescott to Billy Idol in 20 years.


So - Beige? Ecru? Oatmeal? Taupe?

Oh no.

Well perhaps.

KAZ

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

It's our corporate colour in work, which is kind of put me off it.

4:27 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

If it's good enough for Prince, it's good enough for Kaz.

Purple makes you look taller, you know.

6:16 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

Well, you never see Billy Idol wearing pastel blues and pinks, do you? Perhaps you should follow his lead and opt for studded wristbands and leather trousers.

6:27 pm  
Blogger Arabella said...

We should wear what we love.
But beware that fucking annoying 'poem' that goes "When I am old I shall wear purple..." and the hordes of ladies who come over all self-conciously skittish when they read it, and....wear purple. FGS, getting old and wearing bondage trousers - now that's a statement.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

Some people just go Automatic for the Purple.
I think you'll fine that "all fours" is back in vogue. "Doggy Fashion" is the new Primark down here Kaz!

8:54 pm  
Blogger stitchwort said...

Pale yellow or baby blue are not proper colours (even though your knitted cakes look very good).
Nothing wrong with purple - I've loved it since I has an African Violet coat in the '60s.
The beige car coat is for wearing in the queue for the crem.

9:10 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Gareth:
It's like school uniform - I'll never wear navy again.

Geoff:
You made that up about 'taller' didn't you?
I kinda like Prince.

Betty:
Exellent advice - watch out Trinny!
I have a studded wrist band.

Arabella:
I'd forgotten that poem - purple rinses?
I also have some bondage trousers.
I love black white and grey.

Murph:
We synchronised again.
Do you mean plus fours?
Enigmatic as ever.

9:18 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Stitch:
I remember African violet!
It was THE colour for some time.
This was before post modernism.

Those cakes do look good enough to eat.

9:23 pm  
Blogger Dave G said...

Purple should only be worn with black,and is reserved for the high born, if we are to believe the Chinese. You have to fight to be individual and not follow the masses, not that one asian lad is a mass,or maybe he is, depends how big the bubble coat was and how fat he was.

10:59 am  
Blogger The Mistress said...

I've never stopped moving about on all fours.

Can't harm myself that way when I fall over drunk.

2:50 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Dave;
From your photo, I'd say that you'd look great in purple and black with a long black pigtail.

The cheeky chubby lad was particularly annoying because he was right - I'm just too pale.

Don't worry I'm still an individual, just a pale individual.

mj:
Not like you to be coy. Doggy fashion has already been mentioned.

I'm still getting searches for 'Dogging in Barnsley.'

*Calls To MURPH*:
I know what you were on about now - I'd forgotten the bit in the post about 'all fours'.
I just wasn't thinking doggy enough.

6:25 pm  
Blogger I, Like The View said...

I can't believe you're taking fashion advice from a chubby lad!

purple is the new black, anyhow (it must be if it's in Primark)

8:54 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Dogging in Barnsley? They must be looking for Tazzy and Piggy.

4:10 am  
Blogger Rog said...

Now I think about it, has anyone ever seen Pauline Prescott and Pauline Calf in the same room?

That explains a lot!

6:14 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

View:
Out of the mouths of babes and .... chubby or not.

Was that Shakespeare or the bible?

mj:
No - actually it was P and T trying t find a new place to go dogging.

Murph:
And now you mention it - I think my latest hairstyle looks more like a Paul Calf mullet than a Billy Idol punk.

7:13 am  
Blogger I, Like The View said...

(lilac seems to be a top colour on the beach here; that's kind of purple and pastel, isn't it. . .)(bit wishy washy tho)(nothing wrong with being pale and interesting, anyhow, is there?)

8:56 am  
Blogger The Mistress said...

P and T have already exhausted Dorset. "Dogging in Dorset" is a common search term on my blog. Now you can have it too!

11:46 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

View:
Do you remeber Elkie Brooks and Lilac Wine? I loved her voice - she's known as Elsie round 'ere.

So pale and interesting in a lilac shift.
C'est tres moi!

mj:
OOh thanks - Generosity is your middle name.

I already get dogging in Chorley, Rusholme, Stockport and Ashton under Lyne - but wht stop in the North - I'm sure you get a higher class of dogger in Dorset.

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home