Sunday, July 15, 2007

What KAZ did.

I drank:
Yes that is a world cup serviette and yes it is from Japan 2002. They were selling them off very cheap at Sainsburys.

I ate:

I watched:
‘Batman Begins‘ - not my usual sort of thing but I bought it recently in Fopp (RIP) because I‘m a very big fan of Christian Bale. It was very enjoyable - dark and dramatic with excellent acting.

The story starts when batman is a little boy and develops a bat phobia (thinks - does this mean that I’ll become ‘Frogwoman’?)

His dad is played by Linus Roache which means that Ken Barlow is Batman’s grandad!

All the Brits are there - Liam Neeson with a ridiculous hamster on his chin, Tom Wilkinson wasted as the villain Falcone and Michael Caine doing a perfect Michael Caine impression. Katie Holmes has a surprisingly strong presence as the token female. Please will someone have her surgically removed from Tom (he was 45 last week).

I read:
Julie Myerson’s latest - ‘the Story of You‘. I love Julie Myerson’s sensuous writing though this isn’t as good as ‘Something Might Happen’.

'The Colour’ by Rose Tremain about early settlers in New Zealand - it was recommended by friend B. Although I felt very engaged with the characters it was a bit of a lengthy saga. However, I’m glad I stayed with it to the end because it had a bit of a late (sexy) surgeAlexei Sayle’s ‘Barcelona Plates’ which I brought with me for obvious reasons. He’s a very talented and underrated writer. Every sentence is a witty gem of a comment on ‘the way we are’. I lay on my lounger LOLing.
The book is a collection of short stories and, like those rich alcoholic chocolate truffles you get at Christmas, you can’t really take too many at a time.

I listened to :

RAKsexy (well that‘s what it sounds like)
It’s a Catalan radio station playing non stop pop - mostly British singles of a certain vintage. They seem to have a special fondness for Terence Trent Darby and the Fine young Cannibals.
KAZ

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

I can't be bothered reading the Tremain book so would you please just type out the sexy surge bits for me?

7:30 pm  
Blogger tony said...

Jap Wine? whats it taste like? Ive had Chinese wine & it tastes like cod liver oil.i hope the japs do it better........only a minor birthday.i have never been dog-racing before,i hope i win!

8:16 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

I was once on a one day acting course with Roland Gift before he was famous. We pretended to be trees.

9:03 pm  
Blogger SL said...

Christian Bale? Really? I can't stand the bloke. Not since American Psycho.

10:34 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Geoff, did you bare fruit?

2:20 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

mj:
Well - if I remember rightly - the straightlaced wife of the New Zealand settler/gold seeker meets this stocky Chinese guy. There follows erotica between her foot and his dick.
After this creative copulation they seem to settle into domesticity in a cave.

Tony:
No - the wine was Spanish - the World cup was Japanese. I have so many of those bloody serviettes they would stretch from here to Japan.

Geoff:
I am SOO jealous. He's georgeous.
Just think you could have been in that Sammy and Rosie film with Frances Barber getting her kit off.

sl:
(Welcome back)
I rewatched American Psycho recently. I hated it the first time - but thought it was excellent on second viewing.

mj:
Geoff and Roland baring anything on Monday morning is just too much excitement!

7:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TT Darby? O h dear, pooor you.

Frogwoman? Heh, heh....

7:46 am  
Blogger Rog said...

It all sounded delightful and relaxing anyway. The food pic is very nice.
Now the lovely image has been spoiled by images of Geoff & Mr Gift (Mr E. Gift?) baring their trunks and leaving.

8:53 am  
Blogger Betty said...

I should say here that Geoff is not an old fruit. I can't say the same for Roland Gift.

10:34 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

NiC:
It was actually Terence Trent d'Arby wasn't it - he certainly fancied himself.
Strange what the Europeans like about Brits. They also love the Robster.

Speak for yourself Murph - I wouldn't say no to a bare trunk.

Betty:
Sounds like he's an old 'ham' though. And I'm not talking football here.

11:40 am  
Blogger I, Like The View said...

looks good

mind you, I'd expect nothing less from you KAZ

;-)

(by bizarre conincidence, I heard TTD on the radio this morning)

12:25 pm  
Blogger Mopsa said...

I really enjoy your blog so you have been awarded a Schmoozer - go and check it out and plan your next move at:
mopsa.blogspot.com/2007/07/reading-meter.html

6:33 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

View:
I though TTD was RIP in UK.

Mopsa:
Thanks for the award.
There'll soon be more dogs than humans over here.
But that's fine with me.

3:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha, yes, I forgot the apostrophe...so it was. And where is he and his apostrophe now, eh?

Perhaps he has turned into a frog.

5:15 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

NiC:
It's princes who turn into frogs. I think Terence thought he was a prince - he was married to a posh woman and lived in a stately mansion.
How on earth do I know these things?

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..what about the apostrophe? That looked a bit like a tadpole so maybe that turned into a frog?

12:40 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

You always have the last word!

10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home