So - I'm home alone (Kev's in Spain) and it's my birthday.
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Poor little Kaz.
I know it's my birthday because the leaves are going brown and the swarms of students are back.
I'll have a birthday 'do' with my friends next week when they will give me presents which I shall put lovingly in the cupboard with the ones they gave me last year.
But on the actual day (yesterday) I was alone.
I woke early and sang a hearty rendition of 'Happy Birthday to Me'
Through my letter box came -
- A birthday card (cousin in Marple)
- A letter from the Halifax asking me to insure my house with them??
- A leaflet from Mo's kebab shop
- A leaflet from Yong Da's Chinese take-away.
- A leaflet from the Madrid Pizza Place (Madrid?)
- A txt from Ldy Pnlope - the one with scl sklls and chndlrs.
- An e mail from friend A asking me when my birthday was
- An e mail from Jan wishing me a Happy Birthday for Friday.
- Nowt from the Jazz Fan
I was always a good girl so I daren't disobey.
So that's what I did yesterday - except I had to use my own cash from the money machine. This was OK - it was the lack of guilt that was important.
I wanted some brown suede ankle boots - (not Aussie Uggies) I knew exactly what I wanted - but when I found it I didn't.
So I bought a boring brown cardi from Zara for 20quid. It has 6 lovely pearl buttons on each sleeve. After lunch I bought -
- A bottle of real champagne
- Gigantic prawns
- Spicy red pepper houmous/hummus
- Stuffed vine leaves
- Marinaded Greek olives with feta
Later I settled down to eat my prawns etc, drink my champagne (not all of it) and watch my DVDs.