Saturday, April 15, 2006

Update

UPDATE
Dumb and Dumber
Kev asked me yesterday - ´Is Joanna Lumley married to Gary Barlow?´
Ah well, I don´t suppose that question will crop up on University challenge will it Jeremy?

Ginger
Chris Evans is soon to take over from Johnnie Walker on Radio 2 ´Drive Time´. I am OUTRAGED. It should , of course, be the sublime Stuart Maconie. As well as being an all round good chap , he has a great taste in music and comes from Leigh.

Carry on ALMA
Roy´s rolls used to be Jim´s Cafe. Jim was Alma´s husband. Thanks Gert.

What makes me laugh?
Caroline Ahearne and Craig Cash have overcome their differences i.e. her alcoholism and her depression. They are getting together again to write another series of the Royle family. Sue Johnston and Ricky Tomlinson will be there again.
The bad news is that - because he is doing this - Craig won´t have time to do another Early Doors. Sob.
Must save up for the DVD.

Old gits who won´t give up
Do you really want your Rock Stars to be pensioner peers?
Sir Mick Jagger (aged 62) has recently boldly gone to Shanghai to perform. It´s somehow appropriate that the lyric ´You make a dead man come´ has been censored.
80% of the crowd are expected to be rich foreigners from the west. This is hardly surprising as ticket prices are equivalent to several months´ wages for the average Chinese person.
KAZ

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Evans?

Watch Johnnie's audience shrink by 90%. I cannot *bear* the ginger carrot.

I'd best retune my car radio in preparation...

It should have been Richard Allinson.

9:13 pm  
Blogger coolbuddha said...

Blimey, was that really one the lyrics they censored? I bet old Chairman Mao would be tapping his toes at that one.

9:49 am  
Blogger KAZ said...

BW
Time to update to an ipod methinks.

Coolbuddha
The Chinese copied the Americans and censored exactly the same lyrics in about 4 or 5 songs.
I Love the Chairman Mao image.

4:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard, sadly, that it was only to be one more episode of the Royle Family.... but I hope you're right and it's a whole series!

7:37 am  
Blogger Betty said...

Well, Joanna Lumley went out with Ken Barlow in an episode of Coronation Street from the 1970's (... I think) so Kev was actually closer than you might think.

12:20 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

NiC - you´re probably right. Perhaps it was a groani msprnt.
Betty
How astute! I think her real bloke is also called Barlow. I suspect a conspiracy.

5:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home